DSM-IV Problemy religijne i duchowe
Biblioteka internetowa religii i duchowości
From Spiritual Competency Resource Center
© Dr. David Lukoff 1994, 2014
RELIGIOUS AND SPIRITUAL PATHS
- Online Courses
- Religions and Spiritual Traditions
- Spiritual Problems and Emergencies
- Therapeutic Interventions
RELIGIOUS AND SPIRITUAL PROBLEMS
- Alien Encounter Experiences
- Changes in Membership, Practices and Beliefs
- Loss or Questioning or Faith
- Loss, Questioning, Or Change In Spiritual Values
- Meditation and Spiritual Practices
- Mystical Experience
- Near-Death Experience
- New Religious Movements and Cults
- Possession Opening
- Psychic Experiences
- Shamanic Crisis
- Terminal and Life-Threatening Illness
- Visionary Experience
RELIGIOUS AND SPIRITUAL PATHS
ONLINE COURSES [back to top]
- American Academy of Religion
This site offers a wide range of religion course syllabi
- From Spiritual Emergency to Spiritual Problem: The Transpersonal Roots of the New DSM-IV Category
by David Lukoff, PhD,
- Tastiest Torah Treats
Course covers the first five books of the bible, the scroll read in synagogue, and Jewish wisdom and ways of learning.
- Tricycle.com: Buddhism Basics
An introduction to Buddhism, including the life of the Buddha.
RELIGIONS AND SPIRITUAL TRADITIONS [back to top]
- About.com Guide to Alternative Religions
- BeliefNet Guide to Online Sacred Texts
In addition to links to texts, this site also includes articles, columns, and news on religion and spirituality.
- Harvard Pluralism Project Guide to Religions
- New Religious Movements Links
- Rowan Fairgrove's Multifaith and Religion Sites
A comprehensive guide to religious resources, especially related to multifaith issues.
- Rutgers Virtual Religion Index
- Religious Tolerance: Info on 40 organized religious and faith groups.
This is an listing of Internet resources on a wide variety of religions and spiritual traditions.
SPIRITUAL PROBLEMS AND EMERGENCIES [back to top]
- Christina Grof
This interview with the co-author of the concept of spiritual emergency and co-founder of the Spiritual Emergency Network covers the nature of spiritual crises, including her own.
Includes articles on the enlightenment experience, including associated problems.
- Exceptional Human Experience Network
The EHE Network is an educational and research organization focused on exceptional human experience (EHE): spontaneous anomalous experiences of the psychic, mystical, encounter, and death-related type. Includes accounts and articles on EHE.
- Ex-cult Archive
This site for both professionals and cult survivors covers the psychology and watch dogging of cults, information and warnings about specific cult groups, a listing of cults on the WWW, links to other web resources, and full text online literature.
- Kundalini Resource Center
A community of people working together on the Internet to raise public awareness of kundalini, and to help those who are experiencing a kundalini awakening better understand what is happening to them.
- Sacred Transformations
Personal stories of spiritual emergencies, visions, awakenings, and their effects.
- Spiritual Emergence Service
A non-profit Canadian society staffed by volunteers that offers information and referrals for people in psychospiritual crisis.
- Spiritual Emergency Resource Center (SEN@CIIS)
A guide for clinicians and a self-help resource for people integrating a spiritual crisis. Personal experiences and opinions can be shared on an online discussion forum.
THERAPEUTIC INTERVENTIONS [back to top]
- A Conversation with John Perry
Interviews with John Perry, MD where he describes Diabysis and his treatment philosophy for visionary experience.
- Early Psychosis Training Pack
Provides information from the medical model perspective about preventive intervention in early psychosis, from recognition of incipient psychosis to psychosocial and medical interventions and ongoing management.
- How Non-Diagnostic Listening Led to a Rapid
This article by Al Siebert, PhD illustrates the importance of not automatically pathologizing unusual experiences and how labeling can undermine treatment.
- How to Develop Survivor Resiliency
These articles by Al Siebert, PhD argue that inner resiliency determines how well you bounce back from adversity, hold up under pressure, and turn misfortune into good luck. Includes Action Plan exercises.
- Peter R. Breggin, MD
This site covers the overuse and side effects of psychiatric medications.
- Research Summary on Spirituality and Mental Health
- Re-Story-ing the Soul
A well-referenced review by Adam Blatner, PhD of the process of creating a personal mythology.
- Visionary Experience or Psychosis?
- What is Narrative Therapy
A Jungian view by Erik Sween
RELIGIOUS AND SPIRITUAL PROBLEMS
ALIEN ENCOUNTER EXPERIENCES [back to top]
- ARTICLE: Alien Contact Experience and Ancient Traditions
by Veronica Goodchild, Ph.D.
- Aliens Among Us: An Interview with Dr. John Mack
- Aliens and Archetypes
Interview with Terrence McKenna
- ARTICLE: Blowing the Western Mind by John E. Mack, M.D
- Integrating Extraordinary Experiences by Roberta L. Colasanti, LICSW
- Program for Extraordinary Experience Research (PEER)
Established in 1993 by John Mack, MD to forge an approach to UFO abduction experiences that addresses their clinical dimensions and also leads to a scientific understanding of the phenomenon.
- ARTICLE: Studying Intrusions from the Subtle Realm
By John E. Mack, M.D.
- ARTICLE: The Differential Diagnosis of Close Extraterrestrial Encounter Syndrome
By Richard Boylan, Ph.D.
- The Larger Context of Abductions
Interview with John E. Mack, MD.
CHANGES IN MEMBERSHIP, PRACTICES AND BELIEFS [back to top]
- Case Report: Decision-Making Capacity and Religious Conversion-- A Case of Dialysis Refusal
Dinesh Mittal, MD, Samuel F. Sears Jr., PhD, Phillip R. Godding, PhD, and Marti D. Reynolds, MDiv (1999) Annals of Long-Term Care, 7(8),320-322
- Conversion Experience William James's chapter
- from The Varieties of Religious Experience
- ARTICLE: The Psychology of Religious Conversion by Henry Newton Malony, PhD
Describes the social influence factors that lead to religious conversions.
- ARTICLE: The Psychology of Religious Conversion by Lewis Rambo
Reviews various theories of conversion, examines the role of cultural and social factors in the conversion process, and describes how different religions and disciplines view conversion.
LOSS OR QUESTIONING OR FAITH [back to top]
- ARTICLE: Stages of Faith by James Fowler, PhD,
Model of faith development in six recognizable stages. Problems may arise in the transition from one stage to another, often experienced as a crisis of faith.
- ARTICLE: Loss of Faith 'Increases Risk of Dying'
Times London article
- ARTICLE: Michael Washburn, PhD
Life's Three Stages: Infancy, Ego, and Transcendence
LOSS, QUESTIONING, OR CHANGE IN SPIRITUAL VALUES [back to top]
- ARTICLE: Abstract of an article by Buckley P, Schizophrenia Bulletin 1981;7(3):516-21.
Articles on Loss, Questioning, or Change in Spiritual Values
- ARTICLE: Loss of Faith by Ami Weghorst
Story of a 20 year old woman with cancer and her conflicts over religion.
- ARTICLE: Loss of Faith
by Don Boland, Centre for Thomistic Studies.
MEDITATION AND SPIRITUAL PRACTICES [back to top]
- Author of Word from the Soul, and Clinical Director, Kundalini Clinic.
- Home Page of Stuart Sovatsky, PhD
- Interview with Lee Sannella, M.D. author of The Kundalini Experience: Psychosis or Transcendence?
- Interview with Stanislav Grof
- ARTICLE: Kundalini and Spiritual Crisis
Kundalini awakening or "serpent fire," its effects on the individual, and explanations for the phenomenon.
- ARTICLE: Kundalini and the Awakening of the Spirit
How does kundalini begin? Symptoms of Kundalini Awakening and its relation to enlightenment.
- Kundalini Awakens: A Personal Account
by Ruth Trimble. Includes a list of related links at the end.
- Kundalini Quest
Bonnie Greenwell, PhD describes the precipitents, symptoms, and treatments for problems associated with kundalini awakening.
- What is Kundalini?
MYSTICAL EXPERIENCE [back to top]
- Common Threads in Mysticism
Interview with Robert Frager, PhD, one of the founders of transpersonal psychology.
- ARTICLE: Mystic Experience and Two Modes of Consciousness by Arthur J. Deikman, M.D.
- ARTICLE: Mystical Experience and Schizophrenia by Buckley P, Scizophr Bull 1981;7(3):516-21.
- Mysticism in World Religions
William James's Discussion of Mysticism from The Varieties of Religious Experience
- ARTICLE: The Mysticism Resources Page: The Relationship Between Schizophrenia & Mysticism
While somewhat dated, this bibliographic essay contains many references to the research literature.
- ARTICLE: What is a Mystical Experience?
Summaries of the views of many experts in the field.
NEAR-DEATH EXPERIENCE [back to top]
- International Association for Near Death Studies
Includes information "If You Have Had a Near-Death or Similar Experience" and also summaries of scientific findings on the aftereffects of NDEs.
- Interview with Dr. Moody who first attained widespread recognition with the publication in the mid-1970's of Life After Life, his best-selling work on the near-death experience (NDE).
- Near-Death and the Afterlife
This is the most comprehensive resource on NDEs. Covers scientific findings, accounts of near-death experiences from different religious traditions, as well as personal experiences.
- Raymond Moody, MD
- ARTICLE: Religious Interpretations of Near-Death Experiences
This well-referenced article by David San Filippo, PhD provides an overview of human consciousness of life after death, religious beliefs concerning death and afterlife, and interpretations of NDEs by different religious groups.
- ARTICLE: The near-death experience as a focus of clinical attention
Abstract of an article by Greyson B J Nerv Ment Dis 1997 May;185(5):327-34.
NEW RELIGIOUS MOVEMENTS AND CULTS [back to top]
- ARTICLE: A Critical View of Deprogramming
by Lee Coleman,MD
- ARTICLE: Adolescent attraction to cults Adolescence Fall, 1998
- American Family Foundation
Resources about psychological manipulation, cult groups, sects, and new religious movements
- ARTICLE: Cult Experience: Psychological Abuse, Distress, Personality Characteristics
Cultic Studies Journal, Vol. 15, No. 2, 1998
- ARTICLE: Deprogramming, Exit Counseling, and Ethics: Clarifying the Confusion
by Michael D. Langone, Ph.D. and Paul Martin, PhD
- ARTICLE: Essay on Definition of Cult
by Michael Langone,PhD
- Religious movement profiles from the University of Virginia
- Satanic Ritual Abuse from Gale Encyclopedia of Psychology
- Satanic Ritual Abuse Topics
- ARTICLE: The Cult Threat: Real or Imagined
by Gordon Melton
POSSESSION OPENING [back to top]
- ARTICLE: By de Andrew White. Classic account of how the "scientific" view of possession as insanity supplanted the Christian view of demonic possession.
- ARTICLE: Disintegrated experience: the dissociative disorders revisited.
Abstract of an article by Spiegel D and Cardena E who argue for the existence of a spectrum of dissociative disorders from nonpathological to pathological. J Abnorm Psychol. 1991 Aug;100(3):366-78.
- Spirit Possession and Exorcism
- ARTICLE: The Exorcism of Nicola Aubrey
Father Michael Müller, C.S.S.R. writes about a possession by Beelzebub and twenty-nine other evil spirits, in 1566.
- Transcultural Psychiatry
An international, interdisciplinary, peer-reviewed, scientific journal of cultural psychiatry which has articles on possession.
- Yahoo sites on possession and exorcism
PSYCHIC EXPERIENCES [back to top]
- About.com Channeling: An Introduction
- About.com Guide to Paranormal Phenomena
- ARTICLE: About.com story archives
- Awakening Intuition
Interview with Frances Vaughan, PhD
- Explanations of the Supernatural
Interview with Professor Michael Scriven, an interdisciplinary scholar and former Professor of Philosophy at the University of California at Berkeley.
- Has links to many online resources.
- Parapsychological Association
This professional organization promotes scholarly and scientific investigation of paranormal experience.
- Parapsychology Foundation
A not-for-profit foundation which supports scientific investigation of psychic phenomena by giving grants, publishing pamphlets, monographs, conference proceedings and the International Journal of Parapsychology.
- Rhine Center
The Rhone Center has been conducting parapsychological research for 75 years. Site also has links to sites of other groups and individuals engaged in scientific understanding of psychic phenomena.
- What is Channeling?
Interview with Arthur Hastings, PhD. Channeling refers to the experience of receiving communications from the spirits, some other dimension, or beings or entities. Such experiences can occur as part of psychic experiences.
SHAMANIC CRISIS [back to top]
- ARTICLE: FAQ Shamanism General Overview
- Foundation for Shamanic Studies
Anthropologist Michael Harner, PhD's organization.
- Google Guide to Web Sites on Shamanism
- The Way of the Shaman
Interview with Michael Harner, PhD, researcher and author of several books on shamanism.
TERMINAL AND LIFE-THREATENING ILLNESS [back to top]
- ICISH Research Summary of Religion and Death and Dying
- ARTICLE: Losing God. Oncologist 2001;6(3):286-97
- On Death and Dying Interview With Elizabeth Kubler-Ross, MD
- Spiritual-Friendly Treatment Provides Comfort for the Dying
- What We Can Learn from the Dying A Conversation with Stephen and Ondrea Levine
VISIONARY EXPERIENCE [back to top]
- Mental breakdown as a Healing Process
- Visionary Experience or Psychosis?
- ARTICLE: When the Dream Becomes Real
By Michael O'Callaghan. A review of perspectives on the visionary experience.
DOWNLOAD ARTICLES BY DR. DAVID LUKOFF [back to top]
- Lukoff, D., Emergence of a Contemporary Shaman: A Case Study of Possession in the Dojoo, Ninth International Conference on Shamanism, 1992
- Lukoff, D., Mahler, J. and Mancuso, L., Spirituality and Mental Health A Consumer driven Holistic Approach to Recovery, The California Psychologist, MayJune 2009
- Lukoff, D., Spirituality in the Recovery from Persistent Mental Disorders, Southern Medical Journal , 100(6), 2007
- Lukoff, D., Visionary Spiritual Experience, Southern Medical Journal, Volume 100, Number 6, June 2007
- Patrick Faggianelli, David Lukoff, Aikido and Psychotherapy: A Study of Psychotherapists Who Are Aikido Practitioners, Journal of Transpersonal Psychology, 38(2), 159-178, 2006
- Lukoff, D., Lu, F., and Turner, R. , From spiritual emergency to spiritual problem: The transpersonal roots of the new DSM-IV category, Journal of Humanistic Psychology, 38(2), 21-50, 1998.
- Chapman, J and Lukoff, D., The Social Safety Net In Recovery From Psychosis: A Therapist's Story, Hospital and Community Psychiatry, 1996
- Lukoff, D. , Shamanistic initiatory crisis, Shaman's Drum, 22, 24-29, 1990.
- Lukoff, D. and Lu, F, Cultural Competence Includes Religious and Spiritual Issues in Clinical Practice, Psychiatric Annals, 29(8), 469-472, 1999
- Lukoff, D., Wallace, C., Liberman, R., and Burke, K., A holistic health program for chronic schizophrenic patients., Schizophrenia Bulletin, 12(3):274-282,1986
- Turner, R., Lukoff, D., Barnhouse, R., and Lu, F, Religious or Spiritual Problem: A Culturally Sensitive Diagnostic Category in the DSM-IV, Journal of Nervous and Mental Disease, 183(7), 435-444, 1995
- Lukoff, D. , Transpersonal therapy with a manic-depressive artist, Journal of Transpersonal Psychology, 1988
- Lukoff, D. , The diagnosis of mystical experiences with psychotic features, Journal ofTranspersonal Psychology, 17:155-181, 1985.
- Lukoff, D. and Everest, H., The myths in mental illness, Journal of Transpersonal Psychology, 17:123-153, 1985.
- Article about David Lukoff's clinical approach. 'Scuse Me While I Kiss the Sky, by Russell Shorto, author of Saints and Madmen: Psychiatry Opens Its Doors to Religion. Reprinted from the August 1999 issue of GQ Magazine with permission of the author.
...lub odwiedź nasze Forum
1.0 – 05 września 2014: Wersja pierwsza na tej stronie.